Hi 👋 I'm Andrew
When I was a junior in college I started an agency with two of my best friends. We grew it to 10 team members and over $1M in revenue before selling it to GreyNoise Intelligence.
Clients loved me:
"Andrew is a pompous penny pinching hipster with funny socks." -former NSA analyst and client
Now I’m running the product team at GreyNoise. We help SOC analysts save an absurd amount of time and protect companies from mass exploitation events (the vulnerabilities bad enough to get media attention).
I love product leadership because I’m endlessly curious about the world and the people in it. Few things make me feel more fulfilled than solving a tough product problem with a great team. Or, better yet, seeing someone I manage do it.
When it comes to free time, I'm MOSTLY rock climbing or hanging out with my partner and our two cats.
I'm not a morning person.
But I did once spent two nights on an island with no food.
I love to...
🍳 Cook for friends
📚 Read a good fantasy novel
🧗♂️ Climb (mostly artificial) rocks
📺 Watch romantic comedies
📸 Take photos of people & places
😸 Spend time with my cats Po Boy and Stevie
👨💻 Build products and teams
I'm working on...
🧠 My mental health (thanks to lots of therapy)
🧘♂️️ Meditating (errr… sort of)
I am obnoxiously opinionated, but most of my opinions are loosely held. At the moment I passionately believe that...
- Balance is the key to life.
- We have a responsibility to lift up those around us.
- Great management is the only way to build great companies.
- Agile isn’t the only way to build products (but it is the best way most of the time)
- Capitalism has a lot of flaws, but is better than any other system we've found yet.
- People are mostly good and the world is better today than it ever has been.
- Dark mode is overrated.
- If you have to use tooltips to guide users through your onboarding process your onboarding sucks.
- You can never have too many lists.
I have an incredible team at GreyNoise, and I'm here for the long haul. But I would love to someday build:
- A transactional email service that doesn’t suck
- An outdoor clothing line that is functional AND fashionable
- Any meaningful climate tech
To learn more of my story, you can find a list of interviews and guest posts here.
Footnote: This site is my personal playground.
I feel more fulfilled when I'm regularly creating and sharing the things I create with people. This site should help me do that.
I have no strategy for it, no marketing plan. I am optimizing for personal fulfillment rather than profits. Although that too, may change in the future. Strategy, marketing and profits can all be fun.