Hi 👋 I'm Andrew
When I was a junior in college I started a company with two of my best friends. We grew it to 10 team members and over $1M in revenue before selling it to GreyNoise Intelligence in June of 2022.
Clients loved me:
"Andrew is a pompous penny pinching hipster with funny socks." -former NSA analyst and client
I spent a year working at GreyNoise, first as the interim product leader and then as a product manager. While there I helped to rebuild their product team, hired an experienced VP of Product, implemented a new pricing model, and managed the development of multiple complex, technical features.
I love startups because I love learning about new domains, working with interesting people, and coming up with creative solutions to challenging problems. I also love the freedom, autonomy, and ownership that come from building a startup.
I'm currently taking a sabbatical and taking some time to decide what I want to do next.
When it comes to free time, I'm MOSTLY rock climbing, backpacking, or hanging out with my partner and our two cats.
I'm not a morning person.
But I did once spent two nights on an island with no food.
I love to...
🍳 Cook for friends
📚 Read a good fantasy novel
🧗♂️ Climb (mostly artificial) rocks
📺 Watch romantic comedies
📸 Take photos of people & places
😸 Spend time with my cats Po Boy and Stevie
👨💻 Build products and teams
I'm working on...
🧠 My mental health (thanks to lots of therapy)
🥾 Getting outside more
I am obnoxiously opinionated, but most of my opinions are loosely held. At the moment I passionately believe that...
- Balance is the key to life.
- We have a responsibility to lift up those around us.
- Great management is the only way to build great companies.
- Agile isn’t the only way to build products (but it is the best way most of the time)
- Capitalism has a lot of flaws, but is better than any other system we've found yet.
- People are mostly good and the world is better today than it ever has been.
- Dark mode is overrated.
- If you have to use tooltips to guide users through your onboarding process your onboarding sucks.
- You can never have too many lists.
To learn more of my story, you can find a list of interviews and guest posts here.
Footnote: This site is my personal playground.
I feel more fulfilled when I'm regularly creating and sharing the things I create with people. This site should help me do that.
I have no strategy for it, no marketing plan. I am optimizing for personal fulfillment rather than profits. Although that too, may change in the future. Strategy, marketing and profits can all be fun.