Hi 👋 I'm Andrew
I used to be a developer.
Now I run an agency where I help non-technical founders build tech companies.
In my spare time, I send out a weekly email with 5 articles to help you grow your startup.
I once spent two nights on an island with no food.
I love to...
🍳 Cook for friends
📚 Read a good fantasy novel
🏕 Hike for miles with a heavy pack
📺 Watch goofy comedies
📸 Take photos of people & places
🐶 Spend time with my dog (his name is Duck 🦆)
👨💻 Build companies
I'm learning to love...
🏋️♂️ Lifting weights with friends
I am obnoxiously opinionated, but most of my opinions are loosely held. At the moment I passionately believe that...
- Balance is the key to life.
- We have a responsibility to lift up those around us.
- All of the Harry Potter movies after the second are garbage (the books are incredible).
- Great management is the only way to build great companies.
- Macaroni & cheese should be made with elbow noodles.
- People are mostly good.
- Cities need to stop trying to be the next Silicon Valley.
- You don't have to be technical to build a great tech company.
- Dark mode is overrated.
To learn more of my story, you can find a list of interviews and guest posts here.
A note on the purpose of this website:
This site is my personal playground. One of my goals for 2019 is to create more than I ever have before. Why? I've found that I feel more fulfilled when I'm regularly creating and sharing the things I create with people. This site should help me do that. I have no strategy for it, no marketing plan. I am optimizing for personal fulfillment rather than profits. Although that too, may change in the future. Strategy, marketing and profits can all be fun.